FORT FIREFLY/ BABY QUILT IN MIND

Hello! Ready to see some beautiful fabrics? Always time for that right? I'm absolutely in love with the fabric line Fort Firefly by Teagan White for Birch Fabrics. Above you have my favorites from it. From left to right: Rose Garden Coral, Critters, Rose Garden Taupe and Tree fort.

Tree Fort was the first I saw some months ago and I fell in love immediately. Then I saw the rest and believe me, there's no words to describe how beautiful the whole collection is. Plus the quality is exceptional and 100% organic!

Now I am a big fan of Teagan's illustrations. Take a look at her work, it's awesome! :) 
I'm exited because I've seen that she has a new line coming soon called Acorn Trail that perfectly complements Fort Firefly! 

I bought the fabrics before Christmas and I've been contemplating them wondering what to do. Finally I am ready to start a beautiful baby quilt! I cannot resist! those cute forest animals are saying baby quilt to me ! 



As I said I love the whole Fort Firefly line but maybe not all the prints together in a quilt. That's why I just bought some of the prints to later combine them with other beautiful fabrics. And..I love it!

I've picked three solids (for now) from Connecting Threads called Espresso, Mint and Apricot. They have a huge selection of solids at a very reasonable price (the quality looks great).

And finally, the brown polka dot and plaid fabrics give a special touch! I bought them at Joann's. They are also 100% cotton.

Although all of them are 100% cotton, they come from 3 different sources, so I've decided to prewash all of them in order to avoid differences in future shrink.

Hope tomorrow show you some pics of the first blocks!

Happy sewing!

14 comments:

  1. I have been quite happy with the fabrics I have purchased from Connecting Threads, but Joann's not so much. I like your idea of prewashing. I am visiting from Freemotion by the River.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those fabrics are darling and will make a super cute baby quilt. I like the other fabrics you have pulled to go with it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice selection of fabrics for a boy - I love checks material. Hopping over thru Let's Bloom party.

    ReplyDelete
  4. really adorable fabrics. They will make such a beautiful quilt!

    Thanks for sharing at Needle and Thread Thursday!

    :) Kelly @ My Quilt Infatuation

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great self-curated collection! Those are some adorable critters!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those little hedgehogs are adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love these fabrics! I am inspired by seeing your selection process. I can't wait to see your quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This fabric is delicious and I want to buy some right now. I hope it's not sold out every where. It's a stash must have.

    ReplyDelete
  10. And finally, the brown polka dot and plaid fabrics give a special touch! I bought them at Joann's. They are also 100% cotton.
    black salwar kameez girl
    black punjabi suit for girls

    ReplyDelete